Re: [O] Controlling pagination on headings in Latex/PDF export?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Controlling pagination on headings in Latex/PDF export?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:25:01 +0100

Jos'h,

Jos'h Fuller wrote:
> OK, I'm an idiot. I forgot to put in the ":" after the "#+latex", so it
> didn't get processed correctly.

That happens to everybody... No need to be an idiot ;-)

> However, once I did put it in, it does work to keep the headings together with
> the table data. However... it also seems to embed the spurious word
> "afterheading" (in italics) after most (but not all) of the top level headings
> in the file.
>
> So, it totally works to keep the headings and tables together, but the
> /afterheading/ thing is very strange.
>
> I've probably still done something wrong. Any ideas?

Strange. Maybe, you could send here an ECM (Minimal Complete Example) that
shows the bug without the \mykeepwithnextpar and shows the afterheading
problem with it...

So that one can try to reproduce your problem without loosing too much time,
in order to help you better and quicker.

BTW, you should put \mykeepwithnextpar after the heading "DEPARTMENT A", not
before (as I wrote)...

>> > I have written such a thing, years ago, first for LaTeX, now for Org:
>> >
>> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> > % how not to have a page break with what is following?
>> > address@hidden
>> > --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>> >
>> > and I put whereever it's needed
>> >
>> > --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---