Re: [O] Beamer export: upgrade problem, and basic questions

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: upgrade problem, and basic questions
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 02:19:11 -0500

James Harkins <address@hidden> wrote:

> At Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:21:51 -0500,
> Nick Dokos wrote:
> > > Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all ubuntu packages that are
> > > required for beamer to work with org 7.8.03?
> > >

> > Check
> >
> >       http://orgmode.org/worg/org-dependencies.html
> >
> > It's out of date, but maybe it's still useful.
>
> :) Actually I already had all the mentioned packages installed.
>
> Fortunately "wasysym" is in the description of ubuntu's
> texlive-fonts-recommended package, so I found it that way.
>
> And... success!
>
> So, at least texlive-fonts-recommended should be added to the
> dependencies page. I haven't checked for tex* packages that I
> installed but which aren't on that page.

That was present in the "standard classes" section but not in the beamer
section (which was completely empty :-( ).

I worked on the file a bit to bring it up to date (at least in some
respects): the "standard classes" now include beamer, and I checked the
default list of packages to make sure everything needed is present. I
added a new section on code blocks, the "listings" package and the
"minted" package.

But there is still a lot of work to be done.  If you have suggestions
for improvements, let me know (or better yet: clone the worg repository
and start making changes!)

Nick