Re: [O] Selectively export RESULTS

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Selectively export RESULTS
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 21:44:32 +0100

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
>> Not sure to understand why you would prefer to have something that you just
>> wrote not taken into account, unlike one would expect?
>
> Because I might not have finished editing that part and just moving the
> cursor away from that line doesn't mean it should be acted upon. I dislike
> any software that makes guesses as to when I might have finished something
> or worse, tries to act upon my change _while I change it_ (that's especially
> bad if the things it does take a long time or produce errors that I have to
> deal with).

I certainly never said that the "automagic C-c C-c" should be done after each
key press or some such. That certainly would be a killer feature, in its real
acception: performance would be unbearable.

In my mind, automatically (re-)parsing the meta options should be each time
the user presses `C-c C-v C-e' (eval code blocks); that is, when the user
expects his options to be taken into account.

I guess this makes much sense, but...

Best regards,
  Seb

--