Re: [O] Problem with choosing mode while editing blocks with C-c '

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with choosing mode while editing blocks with C-c '
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:34:19 -0400

Thorsten <address@hidden> wrote:

> suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I am having problems editing blocks with C-c '. If the blocks are marked
> > with upper case letters Emacs brings up the temporary buffer in
> > picture-mode.
> >
> >    #+BEGIN_SRC latex
> >
> >    #+END_SRC
> >
> > However the buffer mode is chosen correctly if lower case letters are
> > used.
> >
> >    #+begin_src latex
> >
> >    #+end_src
> >
> > Any ideas what could be wrong?
>
> There was a discussion of this topic recently, I had and still have my quote
> source
> blocks in artists (picture) mode and thought this was strange behaviour.

BTW, artist-mode is *not* the same as picture-mode.

For the OP (Suvayu): can you do C-h v org-edit-fixed-width-region-mode
RET and post the result? If the value is picture-mode, then I can
vaguely glimpse a (rather far-fetched) possible scenario that might get
you into the problem you describe, but I'd rather try to rule it out
first.

Nick