[O] Memacs and Gnowsis (was: Mail composed using emacs --- saving a copy

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Memacs and Gnowsis (was: Mail composed using emacs --- saving a copy in an org file.)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:07:13 +0100

* brian powell <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Wow! That looks like great software!
>>  1. https://github.com/novoid/Memacs

It *is* :-) I enjoy using it every day!

> Looks like it very well might
> do what Alan was looking for--and a whole lot more.

Yes, a *lot* more than this. You realize the real beauty of Memacs
only when you already set up the system. With a Memacs-filled agenda
you get a cool overview of your digital (and analog) life :-)

> Just out of curiosity: Have you, Karl, looked into linking into doing
> a "mashup" with GNOWSYS:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOWSYS

Sorry, I do not see a point in combining Memacs with Gnowsis. The
technical layer of Memacs is fairly simple. If Gnowsis wants to
include external data into their system, they can implement their
own parsers as well.

Or they implement an Org-mode-parser and include the resulting files
of Memacs.

Either way: Memacs does nothing else than generating condensed views
on the data you already got.

Or do you mean Memacs should provide a module that parses Gnowsis
data set?

--
Karl Voit