Re: [O] Bug: Tag Completion Not Prompting for all tags

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Tag Completion Not Prompting for all tags
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 23:38:38 -0500

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike McLean <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 8 Type tag_ followed by <TAB>
>>
>> The expected result is a completion list of tag_a and tag_b, this
>> does not work and the Minibuffer prompts [No match]
>
> Fixed.
>
>> Note that if I were to remove the single characters
>> for tag_a and tag_b completion works for those two but not for
>> the Personal tag from the file
>
> Fixed.
>
>> Shouldn't free tag entry always show all possible tags, regardless of
>> the setting of or use of fast tag completion?
>
> I think so -- thanks a lot for the detailed report.

This change (commit acc7a0b2) has the effect of adding buffer tags to
the fast tag completion window (and assigning them arbitrary shortcuts).
Historically, only tags explicitly defined in org-tag-alist or via an
in-buffer heading show up in the fast tag completion window. In
addition, tags now show up in the window twice with different shortcuts
(once if defined in org-tag-alist, and once if they appear in the
buffer).

Best,
Matt