Re: [O] Flexible plain list bullets

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Flexible plain list bullets
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 00:35:41 +0200

Hi Mark,

"Mark E. Shoulson" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd
> offer to write a patch for some of the more obvious ones, to free up that
> much time from others, but it would be so small, it would probably take as
> long for someone to look over my patch as to write it themselves, so it
> wouldn't save anyone any time really.

Writing a patch is the only way to have someone to look over it :)
And this is always a good way to encourage devs to review/apply it.
And the author of the patch learns something new... we all started
there.

> (I'm talkative, yes, but not
> necessarily a jerk.)

:)

> I played with making the customization only able to ADD new characters,
> which I think would not be so harmful, but really only for my own
> edification; I can see that there really is no desire (outside me) to add
> this feature anyway.

Don't underestimate the Unpredictable -- I'm sure if you write something
with overlays and funny Unicode chars for list bullets people will start
using it.  Speaking for me, I'd be curious to test it!

--
 Bastien