Re: [O] Help! org-insert-heading doesn't work anymore and I'm losing my

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Help! org-insert-heading doesn't work anymore and I'm losing my mind!
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 10:38:49 -0400

Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Trey Darley <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > * What have I tested?
> >
> > ** running emacs under a different terminal (urxvt and xterm)
> > ** running outside tmux in a normal session
> > ** disabling all my ~/.emacs.d/ modifications apart from setting my
> > load-path
> >    and the bare minimal [0] to instantiate org-mode
> > ** running org-7.8.09 (stable) and org-7.8.06 (distro)
>
> Please also try with a bare emacs
>
> ~$ emacs -Q
>
> As you have FLIM/SEMI/APEL loaded, perhaps there is some obscure
> interaction that breaks stuff.  But it works okay here.

Try C-h c M-RET in an org buffer. If something is capturing the key
before emacs gets its hands on it, this will confirm it: emacs won't
see it and you'll still be at the "Describe key" prompt.

Also, you might want to use a dribble file to see what Emacs sees as
the input: (info "(emacs) Checklist") describes how to turn it on.

Nick