Re: [O] org + beamer: How to get @Š@ to create \alert?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org + beamer: How to get @Š@ to create \alert?
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 21:37:19 -0400

Richard Stanton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've just started using orgmode to create Beamer presentations, and have a
> question.
> In the worg documentation
> (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html), it gives
> an example of how enclosing text in "@" signs is supposed to result in
> highlighted red text. When I try it, I get text surrounded by two "@"
> signs...
> Following suggestions from this list back in 2010, I tried customizing
> org-export-latex-emphasis-alist to
> Value: (("*" "\\textbf{%s}" nil)
>  ("/" "\\emph{%s}" nil)
>  ("_" "\\underline{%s}" nil)
>  ("+" "\\st{%s}" nil)
>  ("=" "\\protectedtexttt" t)
>  ("~" "\\verb" t)
>  ("@" "\\alert{%s}" nil))
> but this doesn't seem to help either.
> Can anyone tell me how to get this working?

You also need to customize org-emphasis-alist.

Not sure whether this qualifies as a bug or not. It probably does but
even so, it's unlikely to be fixed and that's probably a *good* thing:
IMNSHO, these interfaces are about the clunkiest to be found in org: they
are very "heavy" for the result they produce.

I hope the new exporter will clean up this area, even at the price of
backward incompatibility (says he, knowing that any such will not affect
him :-])

Donning my asbestos suit,