Re: [O] Tables in Plain Lists

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [O] Tables in Plain Lists
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 21:32:03 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 07:13:36PM +0000, SW wrote:
> Emacs 23.2.1 with org 7.8.06. Tested with transient-mark-mode enabled and
> disabled. I selected the table and hit <TAB>. Point moved by one tab (if I
> selected from the top to the bottom of the table) or moved into the table (if
> selected the other way round) and, in the one instance, the highlight on the
> region disappeared. But the table remained obstinately unindented.

the trick is to move point to the line *below* the table. TAB will then do
whatever it does on that line and if it happens to be an empty line or a
line with ordinary text, it indents, taking the entire region (including
the table) with it.

in essence, TAB will do whatever TAB does, regardless of whether the region
is active. so if point is still within the table, TAB moves to the next
cell, possibly creating a new one. if the line after the table contains a
headline and you move point to it, it (un)folds the headline. so you need
to make sure TAB is on a line that it indents.

--
Dr. Joost Kremers
Georg-August-Universität