Re: [O] Broken LaTeX export

From: SW
Subject: Re: [O] Broken LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:45:30 +0000 (UTC)

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos <at> hp.com> writes:

> Interesting: it seems to be a latex bug of some sort, but I haven't had
> time to play with it too much yet. I'm trying things like modifying the
> tex file slightly and seeing if the empty page(s)/overfull page(s)
> persist.  So far, it seems that all the packages that org includes are
> innocent: I took them all out and the strangeness persists.

I shortened the document by moving "\end{document}" around to try to find the
problem. In some cases, the document rendered correctly. I think this is related
to having to many "section" type headings in LaTeX with no content.

To test this, I added:

\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage{blindtext}

And then used "M-x replace-string" to replace "\subs" with "\blindtext^q^j\subs"
to enter a lots of text into the document. It now renders correctly, with the
end of the document back to where it should be.

However, this is a work-around, not a solution, as part of the appeal of
org-mode and the LaTeX export is to be able to work with and generate outlines
and structures of documents first, before adding all the content.