Re: [O] if both schedule and deadline, appear only once in agenda

From: SW
Subject: Re: [O] if both schedule and deadline, appear only once in agenda
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:52:23 +0000 (UTC)

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux <at> gmail.com> writes:

> <http://orgmode.org/manual/Deadlines-and-scheduling.html#Deadlines-and-scheduling>

> Important: Scheduling an item in Org mode should not be understood in
> the same way that we understand scheduling a meeting. Setting a date
> for a meeting is just a simple appointment, you should mark this entry
> with a simple plain timestamp, to get this item shown on the date
> where it applies. This is a frequent misunderstanding by Org users. In
> Org mode, scheduling means setting a date when you want to start
> working on an action item.

Thanks. I have read that page many times and I understand what the term
"SCHEDULE" means in org-mode.

However, this is not what my question is about. My question relates to advance
warning that an item is scheduled in the future. I want to know on Friday that I
have scheduled a large project to start on Monday. That is, I would like to know
beforehand that I need to start working on a large project in a few days time.

Aside: Awesome! The spam-prevention Captcha graphic for this post is the word
"scheduled" :)