Re: [O] Mixed installation on Windoze

From: Markus Heller
Subject: Re: [O] Mixed installation on Windoze
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:40:23 -0700

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Markus Heller writes:
>> Where do I run either of these commands?  In ~/.emacs/org-mode/lisp?  Or
>> just anywhere?  Or from within emacs?
>
> In ~/.emacs/org-mode (you need GNU make).  If you don't have that you
> can do it with Emacs itself, but I haven't had time yet to thoroughly
> document it.

As a follow-up to this, I have switched my emacs/org-installation to a
Oracle VM running ubuntu linux.

Installation went smoothly, but now M-x org-version yields:

,----
| Org-mode version 7.8.11 (release_7.8.11-24-g4144c5 @ org-install.el can not
be found!)
`----

As far as I can tell, org-mode itself works fine though.  Searching the
web, I found an older thread where Sebastian had an issue that
org-install-el could not be made, but he was building from source ...

Any ideas?

Thanks and Cheers
Markus