Re: [O] Broken LaTeX export

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Broken LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 17:12:28 +0930

SW <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos <at> hp.com> writes:
>
>> Interesting: it seems to be a latex bug of some sort, but I haven't had
>> time to play with it too much yet. I'm trying things like modifying the
>> tex file slightly and seeing if the empty page(s)/overfull page(s)
>> persist.  So far, it seems that all the packages that org includes are
>> innocent: I took them all out and the strangeness persists.

[...]

> However, this is a work-around, not a solution, as part of the appeal of
> org-mode and the LaTeX export is to be able to work with and generate outlines
> and structures of documents first, before adding all the content.

A simple solution which keeps your interest in the outline structure at
this stage of the writing is to add the line

to the document (remembering to refresh org by typing C-c C-c on this
line).  This converts all 4th level headings and lower to lists on
export without you having to change the document content at all.

For your test document, this works just fine.

Once you have added enough text, you can change the 3 to 5 and your
document should export just fine.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org release_7.8.10-630-g4144c5.dirty