[O] [GSOC] Bugpile/iOrg weekly update

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: [O] [GSOC] Bugpile/iOrg weekly update
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 09:42:21 +0200

Hello List,

following a suggestion from Bastien, I will give a weekly update from
now on about the state of things in my Google Summer of Code 2012
project "Bugpile/iOrg".

Just to remind you whats it all about:

,-----------------------------------------------------------------
| Bugpile is a bugtracker for GNU Emacs Org-mode written in Emacs
| Lisp. It will be developed during the Google Summer of Code 2012
| (GSoC) as an example application for iOrg, a new framework for
| building dynamic web applications.
`-----------------------------------------------------------------

Since I have to deal with two things at the same time (the web framework
iOrg and the example application bugpile), I chose the approach to
develop bugpile and write the iOrg stuff whenever I feel there should be
some framework functionality. I write down everything I do as an iOrg
tutorial on Worg
 (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/bugpile/i.html)

I use a software engineering approach for the development, although this
is rather untypical for the emacs world, but it has two big advantages:
1. it guides people step by step through the development process,

--
cheers,
Thorsten