Re: [O] Clocking in emits an error

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Clocking in emits an error
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:26:25 -0400

Avery Chan <address@hidden> wrote:

> It /does/ go away if I add the headline. So I think you're saying:
>
> 1. Plain list checkbox items cannot have a time-estimate associated them.
> 2. Plain list checkbox items cannot track time.
> 3. Only headlines/TODO headlines can have these features.
>
> I suppose that a TODO headline is effectively a checkbox; it would be nice,
> though, to be able to
> time separate checkboxes (though I suspect that responsibility would lay upon
> me to edit the
> appropriate org-mode file <grin>).
>
> Thanks for the clarification Nick.

You are reading too much into my response: I simply reacted to the error
message that you got and figured that perhaps by adding a headline, it
would go away. That's a decent workaround for the problem IMO. But I
don't know *why* there is such a limitation: it may be an implementation
accident, it may be a deliberate design choice or it may be a bug - I
don't know.

Nick