Re: [O] new (LaTeX) exporter and date formatting

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] new (LaTeX) exporter and date formatting
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:16:00 +0200

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

>>> That seems reasonable. Is there any translation table between language
>>> symbols and Babel options?
>>
>> Not that I am aware of. But we could start one quite easily. I got this
>> list of LaTeX-babel supported languages from
>> http://www.tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/texmf-dist/doc/generic/babel/babel.pdf:
>> (just a quick hack...)
>
> The following patch should add the language option according to LANGUAGE
> keywords if babel package is explicitly loaded in preamble.

I think this will be a great addition!

> Is it what you had in mind? I'm a bit reluctant to load babel package if
> not present.

At first sight, I had no particular opinion about whether it's better to load
or not Babel by default.

After thinking about it, I think you're right NOT loading it by default. Babel
plays with cat codes for `:' among others, and can conflict with isodate IIRC.
Hence, better let the user decide to really include it or not.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban