Re: [O] [dev] About a beamer back-end

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [dev] About a beamer back-end
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:56:03 +0200

Hello,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

>> - There is no separate syntax for \alert{} command: it is the default
>>   output for bold objects (i.e. *text* becomes \alert{text}).
>
> Would bold then be archived with some other markup?  Or would it just
> not be possible to get bold text (without defaulting to \bold{ยท})?

You have six different markups to play with: * _ + / = ~.  You can
associate bold to any one.

By default, I think alert is sufficiently close to bold so it can
replace it. Any other choice would be surprising.

> The noframe tag sounds good.

Do you have any example of the use you have in mind?  I don't know what
kind of contents one would like add between frames (excepted notes).

> Perhaps a pause tag would also be nice.

Yes, that's an idea to keep for overlays.

Nicolas Goaziou