Re: [O] latex (beamer) export and short title

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] latex (beamer) export and short title
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 16:09:08 +0200

Hello,

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd be a regular user of such functionality, especially for
> presentations.  But as the concept is useful in other (LaTeX-)
> documents, a more general support for short titles might be appropriate,
> I'd say.

It is as simple as using a filter to remove the title provided by the
template and install your own.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun ngz-enforce-my-title (contents backend info)
  ;; In LaTeX export, if I defined a title with a short title, remove
  ;; default title command provided by template, if any.
  (if (or (not (eq backend 'e-latex))
          (not (string-match "^\\\\title\\[.*\\]{.*}$" contents))
          (not (string-match "^\\\\title{.*}\n" contents)))
      contents
    (replace-match "" nil nil contents)))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions 'ngz-enforce-my-title)
#+end_src

Now you can use the following Org setup:

#+begin_src org
#+TITLE:       Long Title
#+LATEX_HEADER: \title[short title]{long title}
#+end_src

Nicolas Goaziou