Re: [O] Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Org/LaTeX set-up for business letters?
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 21:44:50 +0200

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> A letter is no more than a header with the author, the date, the object
> of the letter, perhaps the client's address and the content of the
> letter.
>
> If you find a nice LaTeX class, it is quite straightforward to create a
> derived LaTeX backend with ̀org-export-define-derived-backend' so that
> you get a .tex file using that class and the correct instructions.

Good idea!

> I would use #+PROPERTY to define the necessary information such as
> your address, etc.

Another solution could be to create dedicated buffer keywords. With the
following:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-export-define-derived-backend 'letter 'e-latex
  :options-alist ((:address "ADDRESS" nil nil newline)
                  (:destination "DESTINATION" nil nil newline)
                  (:object "OBJECT"))
  :translate-alist ((template . org-letter-template)))
#+end_src

you can define an address with:

#+begin_src org
#+ADDRESS: Free Software Foundation
#+ADDRESS: 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
#+ADDRESS: Boston, MA 02110-1301
#+ADDRESS: USA
#+end_src

and access it with (plist-get info :address) in `org-letter-template'.

Nicolas Goaziou