Re: [O] new exporter

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 18:20:54 +0200

Hello,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, that has been my impression as well.  Again, I can make them go
> away by removing one of the byte-compiled files, so I rather suspect
> another case of a macro expansion that's not quite what was intented.
> Only this time I really don't see from the backtrace what that would
> be.

It looks like table-cells have a wrong `:parent' property when
org-element.el is byte-compiled.  In `org-element-table-cell-parser',
replacing backquote with `list' solves the problem.

This is related to modifications by side-effect of list elements, but
I don't know why it only happens when the file is byte-compiled and why
it only focus table cells.

> Thanks.  I meanwhile had figured that the limit parameter was missing,
> but not if it should always be (point-max).  However since you did make
> that mistake yourself, maybe you could reconsider the function signature
> and perhaps making limit optional and replacing it with (point-max) if
> not present (reads as nil)?  It seems that it would unclutter the code
> for the typical use...

`org-element-current-element' is an internal function and (point-max) is
an unusual value, albeit sufficient for testing purpose.

Nicolas Goaziou