Re: [O] Templates for cloning

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: Re: [O] Templates for cloning
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 20:35:04 -0500

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Sebastian Fischmeister
<address@hidden> wrote:
> As an idea, this is how I use templates:
>
> %+begin_src
> (defun org-p (key)
>   (let ((val (read-from-minibuffer (concat "Define " key ": "))))
>     (plist-put org-store-link-plist
>                (intern (concat ":" key)) val))
>   ""
>   )
>
> (defmacro org-g (key)
>   (or (plist-get org-store-link-plist (intern (concat ":" key)))
>   (concat "MISSING-KEY-" key)))
>
> (setq org-capture-templates
>        (quote (("p4" "Template: Bla" plain (file+headline
>        "~/.org/todo.org" "Projects") (file "~/.org/templates/bla.tmpl")))))
> %+end_src
>
> %+begin_src yasnippet
> %(org-p "var1")
> %(org-p "var2")
> ** Now copy here %(org-g "var1")
> ** And here %(org-g "var1")
>    SCHEDULED: %^t
> %+end_src
>
> If you just swap the sequence of the buffer evaluation in
> org-capture-fill-template, then you would even have a nicer version of
> this. See this previous post for details:
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57248
>
>   Sebastian

Sebastian, thanks for your suggestion, but I'm having trouble understanding
how your solution works, and I don't know what you mean by "If you just swap
the sequence of the buffer evaluation".  I only glanced at your suggestion and
will review it later (hopefully).

If you can point me to more documentation about what's going on in
your solution,
or perhaps enlighten me a bit more, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
--Nate