Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?

From: Ilya Shlyakhter
Subject: Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 23:01:52 -0400

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Torsten Wagner
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I can see the point that the property drawer header can be annoying
> too. Actually, when I used orgmobile for the first time I was not too
> happy to see all this property drawers suddenly appearing in my files.

> Alternatively to a new kind of drawer, I would think of the
> HIDDEN_PROP: line and an additional method which hides a drawer even
> more if it only contains hidden property elements. That could be done,
> for example, by the already mentioned custom face.
>
> That is, a drawer is clearly visible if it contains properties intend
> to be read/changed by the user (not marked invisible).
> A drawer is less visible, if it contains only properties marked as hidden.

That would be great.  Except, if a PROPERTIES drawer holds only hidden
properties,
it would be best to completely hide the :PROPERTIES: line (using
outline-flag-region), rather than display it in
a dimmed font.  So that, unless you explicitly ask to reveal these
lines, you edit the file as if they weren't there.