Re: [O] [ANN] Letter modes in the Groff exporter

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Letter modes in the Groff exporter
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:03:44 +0200

Hi Luis,

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 06:46:05AM -0400, Luis Anaya wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This is probably the last major feature to be implemented in the Groff
> exporter.
>
> This is to announce that support for the letter building
> macros (WA/WE/IA/IE/LO and LT) are now available in the Groff
> exporter. This feature allows you to write business communications in
> standard format which are provided by the means of new document classes,
> namely: block, semiblock, full block, and simplified. It also
> allows the use of cover sheets to build custom letter heads.
>
> Org will present a consistent mechanism for letter writing regardless of
> the underlying macro calls. The objective during development was to hide
> as much as possible much of the implementation nuances in Groff.
>
> Samples are available at:
>
> https://www.box.com/s/578d9a22c890ddcea8bd

This looks absolutely fantastic!  I had a quick look through the Worg
documentation, but I could not find any of the beautiful examples you
have posted on the list over the last few months.  It might be a nice
idea to include the those example files and the output pdfs on Worg as a
showcase (this could be a headline in the doc page).

I believe the policy is, binary files go in Worg/images and the source
files can be anywhere in the directory tree where it is contextually
relevant; in this case it could be a org-e-groff-examples subdirectory
in Worg/org-tutorials.

Thanks for the great work; I'm pretty sure I'll be using the letter
export a lot.  :)

--
Suvayu