Re: [O] Icalendar Export Broken in Git Version

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Icalendar Export Broken in Git Version
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 23:40:14 -0400

Charles Philip Chan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I tried to export an icalendar file with the current git version of
> org-mode and it failed. I debugged it by loading org-install on a clean
> Emacs with no init files and this is what I got:
>
> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
> |   org-print-icalendar-entries(nil)
> |   org-export-icalendar(nil "/home/hoor/Desktop/Projects/plans/test.org")
> |   org-export-icalendar-this-file()
> |   call-interactively(org-export-icalendar-this-file record nil)
> |   command-execute(org-export-icalendar-this-file record)
> |   execute-extended-command(nil "org-export-icalendar-this-file")
> |   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
> `----
>
> If I replace org-icalendar with the version that comes with my Emacs
> 24.1.50.1 everything works.

There are only two recent commits against org-icalendar. The second one
mentions org-print-icalendar-entries, so I bet that's the culprit :-)

,----
| commit 2cd4333398e16ddb8d321c2ab6e4fac18733b500
| Author: Bastien Guerry <address@hidden>
| Date:   Sun Aug 5 18:59:51 2012 +0200
|
|     Fix two compiler warnings.
|
| commit 216768531f2661c4b1890eef6454f58e6cb8a241
| Author: Bastien Guerry <address@hidden>
| Date:   Sun Aug 5 11:30:23 2012 +0200
|
|     org-icalendar.el: Let APPT_WARNTIME take precedence over
̀org-icalendar-alarm-time'.

|     * org-icalendar.el (org-print-icalendar-entries): Let
|     APPT_WARNTIME take precedence over ̀org-icalendar-alarm-time'.
`----

For future reference, if you can reproduce the problem with *uncompiled*
org-mode,
the backtrace is going to be much more readable (no byte code hieroglyphics).
Just
something to keep in mind.

Nick