Re: [O] ELPA/server.mk

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] ELPA/server.mk
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:19:10 +0200

Jambunathan K writes:
> I added the diff below to Makefile and did a
>   $ make elpa

I said edit local.mk... :-) Really, leave Makefile alone.

> Quick comments: It is far from OK.

Close enough for me.

> 1. The bundle is a tar file not tar.gz file.

I hadn't considered that package manager cannot process a compressed
tar.

> 2. The lisp files should be right in the root not in lisp/ subdir.

The documentation just as well, otherwise it is not correctly
registered.  Well, not really a problem.

> Best way to test the ELPA tar is to do a
>     M-x package-install-file RET org-*.tar.

Thanks.

I'll push a new version of server.mk that has the changes above and
installs and activates OK on my local version of Emacs.  Please test
again, hopefully further changes won't be needed.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: