Re: [O] Trouble with in-line images and iimage.el

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Trouble with in-line images and iimage.el
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 14:32:05 -0500

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Charles Philip Chan <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi John:
>
>> I'm trying to display inline images. I downloaded iimage.el and added
>> it's path to my load-path. I also added the code found on Worg for
>> inline images with iimage.[1]
>
> Iimage is obsolete. Org-mode have the ability to display inline images
> for quite some time now.

Good to know and I'll remove that stuff.

>> Lastly, I've added =#+startup: inlineimages= just to be sure nothing
>> is holding things back.
>
> This should be:
>
>      #+org-startup-with-inline-images: t

The manual appears to be out of date on this?

> and use "C-c C-x C-v" to toggle inline images.

Either way, those weren't it. Windows, as usual, requires silly
maneuvers to get things working properly. I loosened my google hunting
to emacs in general and found this beauty:
- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2650041/emacs-under-windows-and-png-files

I had to track down a bunch of .dlls and copy them into my Emacs bin/
directory. From there it worked. For the record, I added the following
to my bin/ dir:
libpng.dll
libpng12.dll
libpng12-0.dll
libpng13.dll
libpng14-14.dll
libjpeg62.dll
zlib1.dll

Now I have jpg and png viewing abilities in Org.

Thanks,
John