Re: [O] Appt - How to quit displaying notifications?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Appt - How to quit displaying notifications?
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:19:25 -0400

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using org-agenda-to-appt to warn me about upcoming
> appointments.  I'm fine with the default warning time of 12 minutes, but
> I would like to turn off the subsequent reminders that happen every
> three minutes.
>
> I'd like a reminder to occur 12 minutes before the appointment, then at the
> time
> of the appointment.  I found the appt-display-interval variable which
> is 3 minutes, but this is
> described as "Number of minutes to wait between checking the
> appointment list.", which is
> not /quite/ the same thing as a "Snooze".

Where did you see that? It probably needs some changes.

C-h v appt-display-interval RET says

,----

`----

> I guess I'll just send the appt-display-interval to 11 minutes or
> something like that.  Is that what
> everyone else does to avoid getting appt messages popping up every 3 minutes?

Just setting appt-display-interval and appt-message-warning-time equal
to (say) 12, should work fine, afaict - but I have not tried it.

Nick

PS A propos of nothing, one strangeness that I have observed is that at
   least the *final* notification (and maybe all of them) is one minute
   late, but I haven't chased it down yet.