Re: [O] how to locate a function?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] how to locate a function?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:30:40 +0200

Hi Giovanni,

Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
> How can I know if a function is present in org
> and if it is loaded?
>
> Rationale: I needed to transpose a table
> (Resolved via the babel/emacs-lisp thanks to Tom Dye!).
> I read the worg page:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#transpose-table
> but it seems to me that I cannot call the function
> org-table-transpose-table-at-point
>
> the only completion offered by M-x org-tr is: org-tr_anspose-element.
>
> So either I am not able to find the function or the worg documentation is
> outdated.
>
> Maybe with git will be easy to track the org-table-transpose function...

C-h a org.*transpose RET

returns

    ┏━━━━
    ┃ Type RET on a type label to view its full documentation.
    ┃
    ┃ org-table-transpose-table-at-point M-x ... RET
    ┃   Command: Transpose orgmode table at point and eliminate hlines.
    ┃ org-transpose-element         M-x ... RET
    ┃   Command: Transpose current and previous elements, keeping blank
    ┃            lines between.
    ┗━━━━

on my Org-mode version 7.9.1 (release_7.9.1-169-g2eb145 @
d:/home/sva/src/org-mode/lisp/).