Re: [O] [bug] [new-exporter] #+includes in non-exported regions do not w

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] [new-exporter] #+includes in non-exported regions do not work
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 20:19:32 +0000

> Hello,
>
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> There is still a bug in that the exporter should fail more gracefully?
>
> Agreed. This syntax error should be more explicit now. Thanks.

Thanks!

>> The question of structural interpretation remains: should the file be
>> included if it is found within a not-to-be-exported headline?  This is,
>> at least for me, unexpected behaviour based on previous experience with
>> the old exporter.
>
> There's a design choice at the roots of the export engine development:
> External parts (i.e. everything but org-export.el and back-ends)
> shouldn't have to know anything about the exporter (much like the Fight
> club, isn't it?).

Okay.  I can see that the new approach is more consistent and that is
always a good thing in my books.  I guess I was just perturbed at the
change in behaviour, and mostly because the error message made no sense
to me as the not-to-be-exported sections were all hidden in my view!

[...]

> I like the current behaviour. I also fail to see why it should be
> a problem. Though, I'm open to discussion to implement a mid-way
> solution. Maybe with the COMMENT keyword which is exporter agnostic.

It's a problem only because of the way I use the :noexport: and COMMENT
tags to exclude parts of a document that are often incomplete or
partially defined.  However, I do realise I am being inconsistent as I
use :noexport: tags to hide babel code that is referenced in the rest of
my documents often.

There probably is really no problem at all; I just simply need to adjust
to a more logical approach to incomplete sections, e.g. commenting out
=#+= directives I do not want processed.  This would include =INCLUDE=
and =BEGIN_SRC=.  Not a big deal.

So, I don't think there is anything to be done.  Thanks for listening
and sorry for the noise!

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.2.50.1 and Org release_7.9.2-406-g2c78ca-git