[O] Exclude all TODO keywords from refile targets

From: Jason Dunsmore
Subject: [O] Exclude all TODO keywords from refile targets
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:15:45 -0600

I found a bit of code to exclude DONE keywords from refile targets
here: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html#sec-2-3

Since I try to keep all headings with keywords as end nodes, I wanted
to exclude all TODO (and DONE) keywords.  However, the member function
doesn't work on a sequence data type, so I couldn't use
org-todo-keywords the same way the org-hacks code used
org-done-keywords.  Furthermore, org-todo-keywords contains extraneous
characters in parenthesis that define "selection characters".  I ended
up creating a new variable, org-todo-keywords-list, and converting the
data from org-todo-keywords into a similar format as
org-done-keywords.

Perhaps a org-todo-keywords-list variable would be a useful addition
to org-mode.  Here's the code I'm using:

(setq org-todo-keywords '((sequence "TODO(t)" "DELEGATE(l)"
"STARTED(s@)" "WAITING(w@)" "|" "DONE(d)" "CANCELLED(c)"
"DELEGATED(e@)" "POSTPONED(p@)")))

;; define a new variable
(defvar org-todo-keywords-list nil
  "A list version of org-todo-keywords, without the selection characters
in parenthesis.")

;; create org-todo-keywords-list from org-todo-keywords-list, using a
;; similar format to org-done-keywords
(dolist (keyword (first org-todo-keywords))
  (when (and (stringp keyword)
             (not (equal keyword "|")))
    (add-to-list 'org-todo-keywords-list
                 (replace-regexp-in-string "(.*)" "" keyword))))

(defun jbd-verify-refile-target ()
  "Exclude todo keywords with a done state from refile targets"
  (not (member (nth 2 (org-heading-components)) org-todo-keywords-list)))

(setq org-refile-target-verify-function 'jbd-verify-refile-target)