Re: [O] [OFFTOPIC] The statement on what is orgmode.

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [OFFTOPIC] The statement on what is orgmode.
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 21:14:10 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. A tiling window manager (I personally use xmonad [1]).  This lets you
>    navigate all of your windows as if they were Emacs buffers, and
>    allows one to go hours using multiple applications without having to
>    use a mouse.

I use i3.  It's nice and can be configured to use the Windows key on
my laptop so that it is not intruding with Emacs.

> 2. Conkeror [2], a web browser built on the same code base as Firefox,
>    which makes web browsing as Emacs-like as possible (e.g., tabs are
>    buffers, and most of the main key chords are the same).

I use Keysnail ¹  which runs with normal Firefox and gives it more of an
Emacs feel.  Obviously, not as much as Conkeror, but it allows you to
follow Firefox bleeding edge and still have nice key bindings etc.

–Rasmus

Footnotes:
 ¹   https://github.com/mooz/keysnail/wiki

--