[O] Custom Agenda (was: Exclude tag from custom agenda)

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Custom Agenda (was: Exclude tag from custom agenda)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 21:56:44 +0100

Hi!

Playing around with Agenda today, I developed a perspective what I
want to achieve. Unfortunately, I am not able to come up with a
working configuration :-(

I'd like to have an agenda like that:

,----[ What I want to achieve ]
| Friday      7 December 2012
|                8:00...... ----------------
|               10:00...... ----------------
|   misc:       12:00-13:00 this event                              :@home:
|               12:00...... ----------------
|   phd:        13:45-19:00 that event                            :@office:
|               20:00...... ----------------
|               20:19...... now - - - - - - - - - - -
|   IST:        (2/2):  <2012-12-06 Thu>-<2012-12-07 Fri> foobar
|   tagstore:   In  -3 d.:  STARTED a started thing which is overdue :tag3:
|   misc:       In  -1 d.:  NEXT another overdue task
|   misc:       Deadline:   NEXT a task                              :tag1:
|   misc:       Deadline:   NEXT another task                        :tag2:
|   phd:        In   4 d.:  NEXT some pre-warning task
|   misc:       TODO an habit task       IIOIIIIIOOO!!!__
| Extra tasks
|   misc:       In  -1 d.:  NEXT overdue reward task           :tag1:extra:
|   misc:       Deadline:   NEXT another extra task          :foobar:extra:
|   phd:        In   4 d.:  NEXT extra-task with pre-warning        :extra:
| DONE today
|   tagstore:   DONE glad I did this                                 :tag1:
|   misc:       DONE this other task I finished                     :extra:
|   misc:       DONE this task was hard to do as well          :extra:tag2:
| Waiting or Postponed
|   <as shown on [1]>
| Stuck Projects
|   <as shown on [1]>
`----

I guess, I need to look at following things:

- [ ] org-agenda-custom-commands (see below)
  - I got the agenda, but not with filtered out :extra: tags,
    :extra: section below, and the «DONE today» section
  - Bonus: «DONE today» matches the current agenda-day being
    displayed (and not only the current day)

- [?] (setq org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
  - I am not sure, whether or not this is a contradiction to my
    desire to list them only in the «DONE today» section above

- [X] org-agenda-sorting-strategy (see below) and [2]
  - I could manage to get the overdue events (like «STARTED a started
    thing...») on the top of the list yet by using a modified version
    of «bh/agenda-sort» from [2]
  - So this thing is solved for me

,----[ current snippet of org-agenda-custom-commands ]

`----

,----[ current org-agenda-sorting-strategy ]
| (setq org-agenda-sorting-strategy
|       (quote ((agenda habit-down time-up user-defined-up priority-down
category-keep)
|               (todo priority-down category-keep)
|               (tags priority-down category-keep)
|               (search category-keep))))
`----

Are you able to help here?

My current workaround is excluding tags using [3] and «/ RET» in
agenda. But I want to get rid of this separate step.

  1. http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#CustomAgendaViews
  2. http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#AgendaViewTweaks
  3. http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#CustomAgendaViewFilteringContext
--