Re: [O] PDF docs from Org-mode: not valid PDF?

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] PDF docs from Org-mode: not valid PDF?
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 22:30:04 +0100

* Michael Hannon <address@hidden> wrote:

> I found the following site:
>     http://www.validatepdfa.com/
>
> I don't much about the PDF standard, and I don't know anything about the
> reliability of this site, but I've found that PDF documents that I generate
> using Org-mode and send to that site come back with a boatload of validation
> errors.

Please notice that PDF/A is a special version of the PDF standard as
described on [1]. «Normal» PDF files usually do not fulfill the
strict PDF/A standard.

Therefore I do think that this failed PDF/A validation does not
necessarily mean anything at all.

Could you post the PDF software and its version which causes
printing issues? Upload an example PDF file that causes those issues
on some web space as well.

Thanks!

  1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/A
--