[O] bad text pointer cursor: BadValue (integer parameter out of range fo

From: Micah Anderson
Subject: [O] bad text pointer cursor: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:22:25 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to make an org-capture frame so I can call it conveniently
with a keystroke and emacsclient will launch and bring up
org-capture. This works, and it is very convenient for my
workflow. Basically I do the following in my awesome window manager
configuration:

    awful.key({ modkey }, "q", function () awful.util.spawn("emacsclient --eval
'(make-capture-frame)'") end),

That allows me to hit Super-q and then it will spawn:

     emacsclient --eval '(make-capture-frame)'

which I have defined in my .emacs.d/my-org.el as follows:

(defun make-capture-frame ()
  "Create a new frame and run org-capture."
  (interactive)
  (make-frame '((name . "capture") (width . 80 ) (height . 10)))
  (select-frame-by-name "capture")
  (org-capture)
  (delete-other-windows)
  )

Everything works great, except... at some point, something happens and I
can no longer open a capture frame. When I hit the key nothing happens,
so I execute the emacsclient line in a shell and what I get is:

*ERROR*: bad text pointer cursor: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)

I have no idea what this means, or how to debug it. I can still run M-x
org-capture, so that seems to still work, but otherwise I'm puzzled...So
I turn to you wizards for some help and guidance!

thanks for any ideas or suggestions for improvement,
micah