Re: [O] Footnote disable & sorting

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] Footnote disable & sorting
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 06:21:10 +1100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Alan,
>
> Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks Bastien.
>
> You're welcome...
>
>> My real problem is that plain footnotes such as [1930] are a general
>> nuisance to me since so many legal citations use that form. I am using a
>> hack suggested by Jan Bocker to disable them, perform some operation and
>> then "un hack" the hack.
>
> Sorry to ask the obvious, but from your message I'm not sure you tried
> to remove the footnotes from the list of activated links.  I'm curious
> to know what problem it does not solve for you!
>
> Thanks for any follow-up,

Hi Bastien,
Sorry I wasn't clear. I did try removing the footnotes from the list of
activated links.

My problem is really different:

When I try to sort footnotes with C-u C-c C-x f s all my legal citations
such as:

See Golodetz & Co Inc v Czarnikow-Rionda Co Inc (The Galatia) [1979] 2
Lloyd's Rep 450

produce new footnotes:

[1979] DEFINITION NOT FOUND: 1979

As I said, I can live with this thanks to hacks suggested on this list,
but it seems that I am always running into the problem in contexts that
require new functions or macros. I'm not much of a programmer, but I was
looking for some simple way to disable those pesky plain footnotes for
*all* purposes.

Thanks for you interest in this, and have a good Christmas!

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan L Tyree           http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan