Re: [O] BBDB(3) or org-contacts

From: Michael Strey
Subject: Re: [O] BBDB(3) or org-contacts
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 22:14:09 +0100

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 05:14:43PM +0100, Daniel Clemente wrote:

[...]

>   Therefore I use its infrastructre (because I like it) but I don't run its
> code. I'll explain myself:
>
>   I keep this structure in an .org file:
>
> ** John von Neumann
>                                                         :mathematic:
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :EMAIL:    address@hidden
>    :END:
> - some info

1+

I've more than 1000 contacts and this system works well and with
reasonable speed.  For integration with mutt, I use Karl Voit's lbdb
module for org-contact [fn:1].

I've defined a set of properties derived from the VCard specification
and like Daniel, I have a Capture template to create new organisations
and contacts below them.

I use this as Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.

Footnotes:

[fn:1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-10/msg01059.html

Regards
--