Re: [O] [new exporter] adhere org-export-date-timestamp-format?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] adhere org-export-date-timestamp-format?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 19:30:48 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

> Before I start coding it, I wonder if functions related to timestamp
> objects, that is `org-export-timestamp-has-time-p',
> `org-export-format-timestamp', `org-export-split-timestamp-range' and
> `org-export-translate-timestamp' shouldn't be moved from org-export.el
> to org.el. After all, there are not only useful in an export context.
>
> What do you think about it?

I agree they are general and should be move out of org-export.el.

Note that one of my plan for 8.[01] is to put org.el on diet so that
it loads more quickly and for more basic stuff.  So maybe there will
be org-plan.el at some point for org-schedule, org-deadline and
anything related to planning.  Ideally, Org would *just* be outline
reloaded (with orgtble and all editing facilities), while other
features would have their own library.  So maybe those functions
will end up outside of org.el one day... but I'd say it's okay
to have them in org.el for now.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien