[O] Follow link scrolls current buffer when table aligns

From: Michael Brand
Subject: [O] Follow link scrolls current buffer when table aligns
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:40:15 +0100

(continued from address@hidden:
“find-file-noselect scrolls current buffer”
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2013-01/msg00619.html )

Hi all

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I.e. use
>   M-: (add-hook 'text-mode-hook (lambda () (goto-char (point-max))))

I changed my code for the org-mode-hook accordingly to resolve the
first issue related with using end-of-buffer.

This change uncovers a second scroll issue, this time caused by
set-window-start used in org-table-align. The scroll happens in an Org
buffer under some circumstances when a link to an other Org mode
buffer with a table alignment is followed. The first time when the
target file is opened by find-file-noselect, org-table-align is called
and its set-window-start is the reason for the scroll in the original
buffer.

Minimal test to reproduce:
1) put the attached n.org and t.org into one directory
2) emacs -q
3) C-x 3
4) open n.org
5) M->, C-p, C-c C-o
The last step changes the scroll state of n.org but the return value
of window-start is expected be the same before and after.

How can org-table-align be changed that set-window-start affects only
the visited target buffer but not the original buffer which called
find-file-noselect to follow its link?

Michael