Re: [O] #+PROPERTY documentation

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] #+PROPERTY documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:19:37 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Dokos writes:
>> I believe that just as with code changes, doc changes also need FSF
>> copyright assignment.
>
> The FSF owns the copyright to all of Org, including the
> documentation.

More precisely, the FSF owns the copyright of GNU Emacs, and
assignments are signed but the contributors for contributions
to GNU Emacs.

Since Org is part of GNU Emacs, the FSF owns the copyright
for the Org manual that is part of GNU Emacs.

It does not own the copyright for changes that are ahead of
GNU Emacs and not yet merged.

But we ask contributors to proceed with the assignment ahead
of the merge, that's easier.

> So yes, anything over 20 lines non-trivial chnages needs to be assigned
> to FSF.

Indeed.

--
 Bastien