[O] How to deal with small projects which are often changing their statu

From: M
Subject: [O] How to deal with small projects which are often changing their status/ person
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 21:19:44 +0100

Hi,

I'm working with org-mode to document my work and to keep track of tasks and
projects.

At the moment there are many little projects where I

* get a text from someone (or write it myself)
* have to read and edit it
* send it oer email to 1 or 2 other colleagues which have to read / edit it
* get it back and check the changes
* maybe send the text again to the original author
* then finally release the text for publication

... and you imagine, there is not only 1 such text at once but several of
them.

I wonder what is an approriate way to keep track of such workflows with
org-mode..

I'm using MS Outlook for mails and so when I receive a mail, I store a
hyperlink pointing to that mail in Outlook.

For a process like the one above I would have a task

* TODO Write Text about topic XY and send it to colleague(s)...

then
* WAIT Colleage(s): Feedback on Text about topic XY
* TODO check feedback/changes of Colleagues and edit again, and send for
approval
* TODO send to original author
* WAIT for Feedback of original author

(if changes, repeat process above)

* TODO send text to publishing colleague

or similar...

I hope it is clear what I mean, there are a lot of small steps and each time
creating a new task takes much time and I have to copy the name of the
"project" again and again...

Maybe it would be better to add all the notes about the progress as notes in
the Logbook and change the Heading of the task each time, but that also
seems strange to me...

Would there be a way to make the "children" inherit automatically a text
from the project name, e. g.

* Text about topic XY for publishing in ABC
** WAIT John: Feedback on Text about topic XY for publishing in ABC
** Send Text about topic XY for publishing in ABC to Ellen for approval

in a way that " Text about topic XY for publishing in ABC" is filled in
automatically by a placeholder?

Or what is your way for tracking such workflows in org-mode?

Kind regards

Martin