Re: [O] ICS-export and Google Calendar: tags/CATEGORIES not imported

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] ICS-export and Google Calendar: tags/CATEGORIES not imported
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 14:53:08 +0100

* Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In my online Google Calendar I do not see anything about those
>> categories. On my Android devices either.
>
> Well, to me it means neither Google Calendar and the current Org
> Android apps support categories.

To be fair, I have to add that I do not connect my Android MobileOrg
app with my Android calendar. I am using ICS-export -> Webserver ->
Google Calendar <-> Android Calendar App.

So what about Org <-> MobileOrg <-> Android Calendar ? Is someone
able to confirm this issue of not using the categories property?

> It would be nice to double-check this by displayed an org-generated
> .ics file into an application that *does* support categories.

In case of no success here either, I would plead to switch to a ICS
field that gets interpreted or add it to the description field or
such.

--
Karl Voit