[O] Dropbox integration suddenly stopped working with Mobile-Org

From: Benjamin Alexander
Subject: [O] Dropbox integration suddenly stopped working with Mobile-Org
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 22:34:07 +0000 (UTC)

Hello all!

I've been a happy (!) user of Mobile-Org for some time now, on the iPhone, and a
few months ago I switched to Dropbox integration.  Things have gone fine until
today when I synced for the first time in a week or so.  The Dropbox password
that was saved, and had worked fine (and still works from the web interface)
simply gives an error message from within the "Settings" page of Mobile-Org.

Dropbox Error
Bad username and password or network error.

The strange thing is, the Dropbox app works fine.  So it isn't a network problem
(at least, not a simple case of being offline). And I've tried retyping the
password, with and without a terminating <return> as the known issue from the
Mobile-Org web page suggests.  The files are still on Dropbox and I can still
push and pull (though there is nothing new to pull) from within emacs.

I'm really stumped.  I don't even know where to look on the iPhone for log
messages.  I've even tried using my old phone (which was configured to use my
now discontinued webdav server) using dropbox and I get the same error.

My current phone is running iOS 6.0.1 (10A523). I have not installed the new iOS
update yet.  I am considering doing that to see if it helps, but I know I can't
roll it back.

I've also considered deleting mobile-org and reinstalling, but I'm worried that
mobile-org isn't in the App store anymore so I may lose all functionality!

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would really appreciate it.

Best Wishes,
Ben