[O] exporting org presentation to PowerPoint via OpenOffice/LibreOffice

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] exporting org presentation to PowerPoint via OpenOffice/LibreOffice
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 16:45:18 +1030

In an email to this list a while back [1], it was suggested that one
could convert an org file to PowerPoint using the OpenOffice Writer
"send to presentation" menu option.  This option is meant to convert an
Writer "outline" to a set of Impress (i.e. OpenOffice's PowerPoint
equivalent) slides.  I have tried this, with the new exporter, but the
conversion from Writer to Impress only transfers the headings and not
the bullet lists in each slide.  The Writer file does have all the
content from the org file as headings and bullet points.

Has anybody tried this and managed to get it to work?  I know very
little about OpenOffice, and much less of Microsoft's tools...

Thanks,
eric

Footnotes:
[1]  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/41924

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org 7.9.3e-897-g787a07