Re: [O] Offer for taking over maintainership

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Offer for taking over maintainership
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:39:36 +0530

"Allen S. Rout" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 02/13/2013 03:45 PM, John Wiegley wrote:
>
>>  I didn't even realize Bastien was looking for a replacement.
>

> There's no technical reason someone interested in making an offer should
> necessarily wait for a declared vacancy.  It seems a straightforward
> move of no-confidence, soliciting support.

True.

No one realizes that the results are already rigged.  There is big
carrot and a small stick.  People are after the stick.  It is funny that
nobody is mooting whether the carrot can be shared.

If people are talking it is inevitable that they shift their position
(atleast a wee bit).  If this doesn't happen they are just saying and
while pretending to be talking.

It is true that people who had arrogance to predict the future most
likely ended up with muds in their face while wise smirk and smile away
with "I told you so!".

It is amusing to hear of people skills and an ability to lead a team.
Good developers and those who delude themselves in to being good resent
being led.

A little appreciation of history goes a long way in understanding the
nuances and riches.  Speaking of platitudes, most fall for it.