Re: [O] Online manual

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Online manual
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 07:52:34 -1000

Aloha Sebastian,

Sebastian Wiesner <address@hidden> writes:

> So is the Org manual written in Org?  I thought it was written in
> Texinfo.  After all, there is a Texinfo document in the Org sources
> [1]. Is this Texinfo document generated from some Org document?

The Org manual is written in texinfo.  A port to Org is in process (see
https://github.com/tsdye/orgmanual.git).

> Generally, can Org be exported to Texinfo/Info?

The development version of Org includes a new exporter framework,
written by Nicolas Goaziou, and a texinfo exporter, written by Jonathan
Leech-Pepin.  Both of these are under development and the current
behavior is expected to change slightly in the weeks ahead.  I believe
the goal is to have a stable texinfo exporter for version 8.0.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye