Re: [O] undo-tree and Org visibility

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] undo-tree and Org visibility
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:58:15 -0700

Hi Bastien,

On 2/27/13, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> My suggestion here is to use M-x show-all RET (or Org cycling)
> before playing around with `undo-tree-undo' or `undo-tree-visualize'.
>
> You will then have a clear view of what is un-done,
> without the need to worry about the visibility state.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but M-x show-all is equivalent to my
defadvice (even worse because it shows more).  Cycling will work
initially, but that will change as soon as some changes in body text
forces revealing that entry.

Finally, this requires careful consideration of when to do undo and
redo, and preparation beforehand, while I'd prefer those to be
natural, quick operations that do not require setting visibility
manually first.

The "clear view" is only a clear view if you have all of the headlines
showing.  They will not show unless you have a very tall screen or
very small fonts or a very small amount of body text.

If you do not show the following headlines because the body text is
too long, then you cannot easily tell that the operation was a move.

Not saying anybody is interested, but I wanted to make the problem clear.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is no hope without action.