[O] Slowdown when editing tables with horizontal lines

From: Peder Stray
Subject: [O] Slowdown when editing tables with horizontal lines
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 21:26:57 +0100

I have noticed a significant slowdown when editing tables with horizontal lines compared with the same table without the horizontal line.  Currently tested in 7.9.2 and the version in elpa (7.9.3e i think?).

Editing the table I have now, 12 columns, about 60 rows is nearly instant when the table doesn't have any horizontal lines, but when it does contain such lines, just inserting a character in a cell cause a delay of several seconds.  Seems to be related to the number of rows too I guess, because it only became noticeable when the table got over a given number of rows.

--
  Peder Stray