Re: [O] [new exporter] is #+bind supported?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] is #+bind supported?
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 11:21:38 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Bind keywords are supported. Unfortunately, `org-latex-pdf-process' is
>> not bind-able.
>>
>> BIND variables are set as buffer-local variables in the buffer where the
>> transcoding takes place. So, they affect the way the current buffer is
>> changed into LaTeX code.
>>
>> However, `org-latex-pdf-process' is used during post-processing, i.e.
>> after transcoding is over. At this time, the buffer where local
>> variables were set has disappeared already.
>
> Okay, I see how this works.  Thanks for the explanation.  Would it not
> be possible to set the bound variables for the latex buffer as well?  Or
> does that open up a can of worms?  Just curious.

There is no latex buffer. Export produces a string. Whet it is complete,
the current buffer is the original buffer from which the original
command was issued.

IOW, what you suggest means that BIND keywords should set local
variables in the original buffer. I'm not sure it is the intended goal
for these keywords.

If you need to set a local buffer variable, it is better to use the
dedicated tools.

Nicolas Goaziou