Re: [O] New html exporter and filters

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] New html exporter and filters
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 17:07:29 +0530

The <div> </div> aren't really content elements but merely structuring
or styling elements.

I think there should be a clear separation between contents and how it
is wrapped.  The base HTML exporter should just generate content with no
divs at all.  There could be a fancy HTML exporter which does generate
divs.

I can think of "splitting" the current HTML exporter in to a base-html
backend and an fancy-html backend.  Rick can derive from base-html
backend instead of fancy-html.

The current HTML exporter is one in the circle.

              ---------
          ---/         \---
        -/                 \-
       /                     \
      /   Org Factory HTML    \          Deck HTML
     /     (adds factory divs) \              |
    /            |              \             |
    |            |  +-----------+-------------+
    |            |  |           |
    |            V  V           |
    \        Base HTML          /
     \        (no divs)        /
      \                       /
              ---------

The problem here is much similar to what Torrey was saying in other
thread wrt to TOC "pseudo"-elements [1].  The Id property is not the TOC
itself but enhances (or particularizes) that specific transoding.

Nicolas,
Let me work with Rick Frankel on this.  I will take over this thread.

Jambunathan K.